Pages

Tuesday, November 9, 2010

In which I am really proud of myself for being cheap

Okay, so I promised you a cost breakdown for my faux flower pretties. Let me preface by saying, I used several items for multiple floral projects, and I did not count those prices twice, unless it was something easy, like two rolls of ribbon or something (not confusing at all, eh!). Also, I am kind of math stupid and didn't keep the best track of breaking down receipts, so this is absolutely to the best of my ability, but it may still be slightly off. Now, let's get to it!


Bride's bouquet: $70.93 (includes flowers, floral tape, berry filler)

Bridesmaid bouquets (4): $75.48 (includes flowers, ribbon, pearl stickers) = $18.87 apiece

Corsages and Boutonnieres: $44.76 (includes flowers, berry filler, baby's breath) = approximately $3.20 apiece for 5 corsages and 9 boutonnieres

Centerpieces (8): $121.81 (includes floral foam, flower pots, flowers) = approximately $15.23 apiece

Altar Flowers (4): $49.68 (includes floral foam, stands, flower pots, flowers) = $12.42 apiece


TOTAL SPENT: $347.75

Oh boo. I realize if you add up the numbers I over-accounted by about $20 somewhere in there. Regardless, I know for a fact that I've only spent my final total. (It's likely that the cost comes out of the centerpieces and altar flowers.)

I also mentioned previously that Mom Hyena thought our altar decorations were too small, so we came up with a solution that requires no work on my part (yesssss). Mom Hyena went on her own search, and found these pre-made arrangements at one of the craft stores!


She offered to have two of them made for us, with the white gladiolas on the top and brighter pink hydrangeas than the ones pictured. We will use the original altar flowers to decorate the lobby outside the sanctuary, so they won't go to waste!

Anyway, to make a long story short ... I'm really proud of this. I think we ended up with some really cute real-flower alternatives, and I'm excited to display them at the wedding. I am also THRILLED by the cost savings, and the fact that I can continue to use these around the house after the wedding, or give them to guests if they want them.

What's your best money-saving tip?

2 comments:

  1. I really wanted to have personalized Jones Soda at my wedding. I was floored by the pure preciseness of it. Then, I whipped up a template and had them printed and will be assembling them myself for literally 1/5 of the price.

    Also, as much as it pains me to say it, not having fancy chairs was a big money saver... Heh.

    I can't wait to see all the pretty flowers and potted plants at your wedding!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your flowers look great! And all of them for under $350 is awesome!

    ReplyDelete