Pages

Saturday, July 17, 2010

Peonies and Potted Plants: Part 1

You may recall my newfound love for peonies.

Oooh pretty!
via The Knot / Photo by Cayton Photography / Bouquet by Design Works, Colorado Springs

Well, I've had my eyes peeled for quite awhile, and I found some peonies at Michaels that I adore ... when I touch the petals they feel like real flowers!




Hyena Sis' cat, Audrey, wants to help hot glue!

I was struggling to put together my bouquet on my own, so all the credit goes to Mom Hyena. She arranged them and rubber banded the stems together, and handed it back to me, and I wrapped the stems in floral tape and then again with maroon ribbon. (Wrapping it took like an hour and a half. Ugh.)


My awesome sister helps hot glue the whole thing together.

Once we were done with the wrapping, we spiraled some pearls around the ribbon to match the pearls on the bridesmaids' bouquets.

And ... you ready for this?!?!


Booooouquet! Sorry for the wonky photo color. It was nighttime.


I can has it when I walk down the aisle?!

It's byoooooooteeful! I'm glad it turned out so well! Not going to lie — I was a little scared to see how the artificial flowers would turn out, but I am very pleased with the results. Mom Hyena and Hyena Sis are awesome. :) With this out of the way, next I focused on getting the centerpieces put together! But you'll have to wait to see those... ^_~

Any other faux-flower brides? A prize for whoever wrapped theirs the quickest!

No comments:

Post a Comment