Pages

Saturday, July 3, 2010

The Things We Do For Hair, Part 1

Like many brides before me, getting engaged meant I had to stop regularly chopping off my hair and actually let it grow. Dang it.

I've had long(ish) hair on and off all my life, mainly because I always think it'd be nice to have it, but then as soon as I actually get halfway to having long hair, I get sick of it and chop it off. It always gets too unruly, or too tangly, or takes way too long to blow-dry and I decide, screw it, see ya hair.

But I'm holding out, because of this:




(source)





Oooooh, and this:


Which means ... I needed to drastically change the way I deal with my hair if I don't want to hate it and chop it all off again.

Split ends and damage - I started going to get my hair trimmed every six weeks. You know, the way you're supposed to. :)
Breakage at crown - Supposedly combing wet hair causes less damage near the roots of your hair than brushing it does. I don't really get the logic of this, but I'm doing it.
Greasy-looking within a couple hours of shampooing - I've always had this problem when I grow my hair, so I switched to a fancy shampoo brand. I kind of hate how much money I'm spending on shampoo, but I've noticed that this is MUCH less of a problem now. So I figure I'll just stick it out with the high-quality brand until the wedding, then when I cut all my hair off, then I can switch back to the $2-a-bottle kind.

Anybody else growing out their hair kind of against their will? :) Or any hair tips I should be following?

1 comment:

  1. Oooh I love that Carrie Underwood hairdo!! I am trying to grow mine out as well but I doubt I will get it that long... we will see how I do :-)

    ReplyDelete