Pages

Sunday, July 11, 2010

DIY Fails and Successes

I have realized that my true calling is to not be a florist. I was attempting to put together my bouquet, and failing miserably. Hyena Sis asked how it could be that hard, when I did the bridesmaids' bouquets and they looked so good.

Well, I have a deep, dark secret...

As I have mentioned, we decided to go the artificial route for our flowers. I found these flowers at a little tchotchke store next door to our venue. Mom Hyena was in town and she noticed them first. I fell in love with the beautiful ranunculus (the white-ish ones are actually a very pale green). So cute!


But these were totally pre-made. The stems were already stuck together in a "bouquet." The only thing I did to these is wrap the glued-together-looking stems in ribbon and stick the pearls on the front. Those aren't even round pearls. They're sticker half-pearls that I also didn't have to line up because they were all in one strand. It was the easiest/laziest DIY project ever, and also probably one of my most successful.

My bouquet is a little more ... challenging. Individual stems of flowers and I do not get along. After about 10 minutes of struggling, I had to ask for help from Mom Hyena, and she put the whole thing together while I watched and made suggestions. *FAIL* All the credit goes to her. She did a wonderful job, and I'm super excited about it.

If nothing else, at least my kitty-boo "helped" me "put together" the bridesmaid bouquets - this was the bag they came in, which took her about half a second to crawl inside. Awww.

(all photos personal)


What was your "laziest" (or easiest!) DIY project?

No comments:

Post a Comment