Pages

Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Fitt'd!

via IMDB, text added by me


I had the good fortune of receiving another phone call from Sales Teenager one weekend when I was already up in Dallas — my dress alterations were done and I could come take it home! Hyena Sis went with me so she could learn how to lace me into it and how the bustle works. Pretty quickly we were in and out, with Angelina in tow! (That's what I'm calling my dress. She was originally labeled an "Angelina Faccenda," but the correct designer is Mori Lee, and it's from the Blu collection.) Angelina is now the proper length so I won't trip over the hem, and while my shoes are not as visible under the skirt as I would like, I can't really complain.

But Mom Hyena was still unhappy with that boning problem I mentioned from my first fitting, and Hyena Sis noticed it too. So instead of bringing Angelina home with me at the end of the trip, she stayed in a closet at Mom & Dad's, so we could figure out how to pad around the boning to make it less visible.

I don't really endorse everyone looking at my boobs, but you can kind of tell.


Personal photo.

I bought some of those fabric bra cups from Hobby Lobby, and when we tried to pad the top, it turns out the only problem is that the seam is folded over the wrong way on the right side. All it will take is a good steam to fix it, and Hyena Sis says it'll be no problem.

Thank goodness.

No comments:

Post a Comment