Pages

Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Taking Shoe Love Too Far?

My aunt believes in this concept called Seven Layers of Design. If I understand it correctly, no surface is complete until it has seven different elements on it. You can imagine how elaborate this can get. Therefore, as the wacky aunt she has a lot of really cool stuff, and ... a lot of really ridiculous stuff.

Take for example, this cake knife. Er, cake shoe:


It also comes with a white magnetic heel to replace the orange magnetic heel. You know, so it looks more bridal.

I think this is awesome, in a hilarious way. Matt does not, and thinks this is ridiculous. When my aunt offered to let us borrow it to cut our wedding cake, I had to turn it down because Matt said (direct quote): "I do NOT want to cut our cake with a shoe!" Oh well.

I went to Hobby Lobby when they were having a 50% off sale on their wedding stuff, and bought a faux-crystal cake knife set for $4.99. I hoped they were manly enough, because they were significantly cheaper than any of our other options, and again, I don't want to spend money on something I'll never use again!

Matt barely glanced at them, but decided they were fine.


Anybody else been offered something ridiculous to use in your wedding? Did you actually USE it?

No comments:

Post a Comment