Pages

Monday, November 1, 2010

My Chandler Bing Moment

"If you're calling before Saturday, you've reached Monica and Chandler, but if you're calling after Saturday, you've reached Mr. and Mrs. Bing! Please leave a message for the Bings!"
~Friends, "The One With Monica and Chandler's Wedding"


(From that same episode. I took a picture of my TV since I couldn't find it anywhere. ^_^)

I was not expecting this. No sirree. In fact, I've talked about changing my name on here before. It's cool.

But we are not married yet. So when I saw that someone from the church had e-mailed out a contact list with "Firstname Newlast" instead of "Firstname Currentlast," I had my own loosen-the-tie moment. (You know. If I'd been wearing one.)

Look, I don't think my name defines me. I know eventually I'll change my name. It's important to Mr. Hyena, so it's important to me. Maybe it is the fact that all these huge life changes will be happening at the same time. Maybe it was seeing someone else acknowledge the change. But it was too much. So I curled up next to my soon-to-be hubby, and let him hold me and reassure me that it will be all right. And it will be.

I love that man.

Have you had any "Chandler Bing moments"? Isn't it crazy how a show that ended 10 years ago is still so relevant?! :)

1 comment:

  1. Ha, I'm commenting twice in one day!

    I had a small "chandler" moment as you call it - I have a HS band polo for the school Paul works at so that when I go to games or competitions I can go wherever the band directors and the band go. It it embroidered on the side with - and I quote - "Stephanie Kuester / Director's wife". Hahahaha. I swore up and down that I was NEVER going to wear that shirt because I thought it was so weird to wear it before we were married, but now I've gotten used to it and I totally understand why they did it ("Director's fiancee" is extremely temporary!!) I'll probably still wear it next year even though my last name will be wrong because I feel bad that someone else (namely band students) would be paying for me to get a new one. :)

    ReplyDelete