Pages

Saturday, October 30, 2010

The Best Idea That Isn't Mine

In all seriousness, I am really glad that on Thursday, Pandora told me I had used up all my free listening hours this month. If it wasn't for that, I wouldn't have gone to Yahoo Music and started playing random music videos as background noise for working, and I wouldn't have seen Taylor Swift's "Mine" video.

I had talked to Mom Hyena about doing some kind of slide show, of the aww-here-we-are-growing-up-and-yay-we-found-each-other variety, and I didn't want it to be something we had to force people to sit through. I thought it would be convenient to just play one before the ceremony on loop, so if people want to watch they can.

But I like the idea in this video sooooo much more than just a regular slide show! Press play. The photograph idea is thrown in several places throughout the video.



Pretty, huh? To me it just looks like string and photographs, but I love the way they swirl in the wind. I might have to figure out a way to incorporate photos that way instead. Maybe for outdoor portraits? There's a pretty wooded area right outside the church that I imagine we'll use for pictures, and it would be pretty to have photographs blowing in the breeze ...

Have you found inspiration in any unusual places?

1 comment:

  1. That's a cute idea from the video! I think we're going to put together a slideshow for the rehearsal dinner (we're going to borrow a screen and projector from his parents' church) but I haven't decided if it'll be an actual event where everyone watches at once, or if we'll just roll it throughout the evening.

    ReplyDelete