Pages

Thursday, October 28, 2010

My Ring's Moment in the Spotlight

I can't believe I haven't posted any pictures of my engagement ring up to this point! We've already been engaged for like, forever!

I wanted to post pictures way sooner, I promise. The problem was that the majority of the pictures I had of my ring were blurry, and the pics that weren't had my hand in them. (We got engaged in the winter, and that's when I get Elephant Hands — yes, that's a technical term. As soon as Mom Hyena saw the pictures of my ring on my finger she told me, "You have GOT to do something about your hands!" So I wasn't too keen on putting those out there.)

Now that my ring has had it's own little photo shoot, I can show her off for the Web to see! :) Please indulge me!





Back in October, Mr. Hyena and I went shopping for wedding rings. Since the basket on my ring sits a little wider than most rings, a regular straight wedding band wasn't going to lay flush to the rest of the ring, and I knew Mr. H knew that would bother me in the long run. (What can I say? I'm indecisive sometimes and he knows me better.) The only other options were to saw off (!!!) part of the basket so a straight ring would fit underneath it, or get a band that curves to match it. I love the basket and I didn't want them mangling it, so curved ring it is! My ring wasn't part of a set, but luckily the ring designer had something that would fit it. I'm so glad the jeweler sent this picture over; when we went in to purchase it, they only had a printout of the picture, which made me nervous. I have been so afraid the past couple days that I wouldn't love it when it comes in. But now that I have a larger, clearer picture, I think it will look beautiful alongside my precious. Now I just have to wait impatiently until it comes in!


via Natalie K, courtesy of David Gardner's Jewelers

Does anyone else get Elephant Hands? How do you avoid it?!

No comments:

Post a Comment