Pages

Saturday, November 20, 2010

Making Sure the Tables Are Covered

I had been wanting to get all our linens ordered for a while, and finally just got around to it. Mainly because I knew what I want, and I knew Matt wouldn't like it, so I didn't want to ask. I mentioned having pink tablecloths to him once, and he thought the entire room would look TOO pink. He wanted white tablecloths.

White is fine, I guess, but without some kind of overlay or gigantic bright centerpieces, to me it just looks so ... sterile.


via Wedding Chicks / Photo by Linda Chaja Photography

I was hoping that we wouldn't have to pay for tablecloths AND an overlay, but if we end up going with white, I'm afraid it would be necessary. Our centerpieces are not very big, and I don't want just a big expanse of white stretching across the room.

But pink cloths ... ohhhhhh pink cloths!



They're BEAUTIFUL! I LOVE them! They make me type in CAPITAL LETTERS!

I went to the Web site for a local rental company to see their color options for tablecloths, and here are some of the colors we could use:



On the top left we have white and ivory; in the middle we've got magenta and "pink balloon," and down in the bottom right, that super dark color is "burgundy." I'm going to nix the burgundy right now. Too dark. I don't want the wedding to be too white, but I also don't want it to look like a vampire hideaway.

I finally got up the courage to inquire about pink tablecloths again, and Matt finally agreed to it if they weren't ALL pink. So we compromised with pink and ivory. Here's a mockup of what it might look like:

Downtown 202 image by me / Centerpiece images by me / Tablecloth image via The UnBride and modified by me

Since we'll have an even number of tables, and an even number of centerpieces, we can put the pink flower pots on the ivory tables with hot pink faux rose petals scattered around them, and on the pink tables we'll have the green pots with pale green rose petals.

What do you think? Can we pull off two cloth colors? What color tablecloths are you using?

2 comments:

  1. I agree that white table cloths are pretty meh, but I just adore the idea of alternating! It would look super whimsical and fun! Plus, your green centerpieces would pop against the pink/magenta/what-have-you, and your pink centerpieces would look awesome on the white/ivory (I'm partial to ivory myself--my dress is ivory as well--but I suppose your choices would really depend on which two colors look best together). Good luck!

    And PS--this has become one of my absolute favorite blogs! I always save it for last when I'm going through Google Reader :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww, thank you so much! That's so sweet. :)

    ReplyDelete