Pages

Thursday, September 30, 2010

Magic Words

via Film Critic / "My Big Fat Greek Wedding"
The man may be the head of the household, but the woman is the neck, and can turn the head any way she wants.

I've finally convinced Mr. H that we had to have "Smile" as our first dance. HOORAY!

We've had the majority of our music discussions while on the road visiting our families, since there's not much distraction and we have time to kill. While in my hometown, Mr. Hyena and I decided to grab lunch at Taco Bueno. (Bryan/College Station has no Taco Bueno, FOR SHAME.) This may or may not have influenced his decision-making, knowing that a delicious Wholotta Platta was coming his way. I had YouTube up on my iPhone so we could listen to songs, and I casually mentioned that I still liked "Smile" as an option. He couldn't remember which one that was, so I casually looked it up (it was already loaded) and played it for him.

"It's nice," he commented.

Then I uttered the magic five words: "It makes me really happy."

Well of course, smart fiancés ALWAYS want to keep their ladyfolk happy, and Mr. H is one smart cookie, so he agreed. And I think it's grown on him a lot since then. He's bought it on iTunes and has sung parts of it to me a few times. He says it's very "us." Exactly!

Have you had to talk your fiancé into anything wedding-related? How did it go? Or better yet, has he had to talk you into anything?

3 comments:

  1. Just as us ladyfolk want to keep our smart fiancés happy! "My Matt" really wanted a Texas Country-two-stepping-slow-dance for our first song. And when he proposed a song that was sweet and romantic and that I knew would make him happy, I agreed.

    On the other side of the coin, I've convinced him of many things! Usually all I have to do is ask and say "wedding" and he responds with a "whatever you want." Eh, so not really marketing, but still works.

    I'm glad you found y'alls song! Can't wait to see the first dance!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Paul's been pretty cool with most of the choices... the only thing I can think of is that

    a) we're not using Johnny Cash songs about shooting people or using cocaine at the reception... and

    b) we don't have an unlimited alcohol budget, so your premium beer/$20 bottles of wine probably won't fly. I'd probably be more accomodating of his wishes if he was paying for it. :p

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha, Matt's been pretty good about everything too. Usually when he contributes ideas I really like them, so he gets his way pretty often too. :)

    ReplyDelete