Pages

Sunday, September 26, 2010

Newspaper Inspiration

Back in my high school days, I wanted to be a journalist. I was working a crummy job as a sacker at a grocery store, and at 16 I was already over it. I wanted a job that would get me places, dammit!

So I found a local newspaper and got myself hired as a copyeditor. I loved everything about working there, so when I went off to college, the first thing I did was apply to work at the campus newspaper as well. I realized soon enough I loved editing more than reporting, and that all these reporting classes were not up my alley at all, so I switched majors. I never did get the newspaper bug out of my system though; there's something about it that I love! Maybe we'll incorporate some into the wedding, maybe not. But I had to look and see what ideas are out there. :)

A cute purse to hold all your wedding day essentials? Ecoist has TONS of 'em created from recycled newspapers, candy wrappers, snack bags, etc. I actually have this little newspaper clutch already... :)

via Ecoist

Newspaper as a background for some cool wall art for the reception. To me, this looks like it could be something you put up behind the bar or buffet:


via Once Wed / Photos by featherlove

Newspaper as the backdrop for some cool B&W ring shots (bonus if the paper is from the day of the wedding!):


Funny story. Bridesmaid A lived next door to me when we lived in the dorms freshman year of college. Her now-husband was the night editor at the campus paper where I worked. I introduced them, and therefore MY NAME WAS ON THEIR GROOM'S CAKE! Their wedding was almost two years ago, and I am still so pumped about that.


Groom's cake / photo by Bridesmaid J, who did their wedding photography

Cake topper people! I can't decide if we need a cake topper or not, but this is just plain adorable.



The rest of these are not newspaper, per se, but it would be pretty easy to visualize them as such. Like, newspaper covered votives?


via Bridal Buzz / from Etsy shop Carolina Cottage

Or how about giant letters for decor? Picture black and white text with the ribbons as the big POP! of color.



What nontraditional elements are you bringing into your wedding?

No comments:

Post a Comment