Pages

Tuesday, September 28, 2010

The Hands Around the Corner

I like the idea of the first look for getting photos out of the way, but it was a pretty easy decision to nix it. Mr. Hyena wanted to see me for the first time as I walked down the aisle, and I'd always imagined that moment too, with an uncontrollable grin on each of our faces. I don't want to lose that moment.

The downside of not having a first look is that I have some slight anxiety problems. It would be wonderful to be able to see Mr. Hyena and hug him and talk to him prior to the ceremony, because I am calmed when I am with him. I thought there was no alternative: either you did a first look or you didn't have any contact prior to the ceremony.

Then a friend of mine got married. She didn't see her now-husband before the ceremony either. And I freaking LOVE these pictures.



Photos by Visuality Photography, via my friend's Facebook page. Used with her permission.

Mr. H and I discussed this idea, and he was totally on board. When friends ask us if we're doing a first look, he replies, "No, but we're holding hands around the corner!" I'm glad he's as excited as I am, and we'll still get some cute pictures out of it!


via Offbeat Bride / Photo by Gina Keiffer, A Truth Be Shown Photography

Are you forgoing the first look in lieu of something else? Or am I the only one? :)

1 comment:

  1. We are doing a first look but I love these photos. What a special way to have a connection before but still save the big "reveal" for the aisle.

    ReplyDelete