Pages

Tuesday, August 31, 2010

First Dances

I always figured it would be pretty easy to pick our first dance song. "Our song" is Rascal Flatts' "Bless The Broken Road," and we could just leave it at that, but you know how I like to make things difficult. :) I thought it seemed a little slow for a first dance, and I decided I'd rather use it for the processional.

Back to the drawing board we went. Mr. Hyena wanted something very classic, and I wanted something that really represented "us" as we are. It took us a while to find the point where those two meet, but we've done quite a bit of brainstorming, and here are some options that, if we don't end up revisiting, at least they can give you some ideas!

• "You and I" by Michael Buble
We both really liked this song, but I think it might have been ruined by one line in the third verse. Something along the lines of, "You may not be here forever," which I don't really think is a deal-breaker, but he was over it. *pout* But ... pianos!

• "Smile" by Uncle Kracker
The first time I heard this, I knew it was perfect. Mr. H didn't like that it was sung by Uncle Kracker. Psh. No one will know!


• "Fly Me To The Moon" by Frank Sinatra
I'm pretty sure Mr. Hyena has Frank Sinatra's entire discography. There were a lot of song options by Frankie!


• "I'd Rather Be With You" by Joshua Radin
I would like to thank Pandora for introducing me to Joshua Radin. He has a byooteeful voice!


• "Til There Was You" from The Music Man
Start at about 1:15 in. This would be fitting, since Mr. H knows "Trouble" word-for-word. :)


• "Grow Old With You" by Adam Sandler, from The Wedding Singer
Technically the song starts :27 in, but it's such a cute scene you should watch the whole thing. :) This one was ALMOST PERFECT, but once we edit out all the talking, the song is only about a minute and a half long, and we both wanted our first dance to be longer than that.


Is it obvious which picks are mine and which are my darling fiancé's? :) What are you using for your first dance?

2 comments:

  1. You know, it's funny because I was trying to convince Paul that "Bless the Broken Road" would be a great first dance song, but we didn't pick it either... he really wants "Rose of My Heart" by Johnny Cash (which, knowing him, is totally stock): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m9vfjTBo4jQ

    I can think of songs I'd rather have, honestly, but knowing that this super-sweet song makes him think of me is enough for me to give it the green light. Plus it's good for a waltz-type dance which is one of the only ones we know how to do... :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I forgot the other stuff! As far as classic tunes go, try "Unforgettable", "The First Time Ever I saw your Face", "It Had to Be You" - all classic tunes covered by a million people, just pick your favorite version!

    ReplyDelete