Pages

Sunday, August 1, 2010

Photography Freakout

Photography is going to be one of my splurges. I love artistic photographs. And I intend to look at them a lot. I'm big into scrapbooking and photo albums. Naturally, to get the best photographer, you start early, right? Besides looking for a venue, the photographer was the first thing I started looking for.

The first meeting I set up, Mr. Hyena couldn't make it. I met the photographer and we talked for awhile, and I flipped happily through a gorgeously printed album. I knew before meeting him that he was out of our price range, even for a splurge, and I told him so before we'd even met, but he said I should come meet him anyway. What happened next ... well I wasn't sure if this was a ploy to book him RIGHT THEN, or not.

He told me I needed to make a decision soon on a photographer, or all of them would get booked up at the bridal fair that was coming up in a few weeks.

WHAT? It's the third week of January 2010. I had been engaged all of two weeks. I'm not getting married until May TWO THOUSAND ELEVEN. I thought I was way ahead!

I flipped out and planned about thirty-five appointments with photographers over the next three weeks, and amid all the pictures and coffees and faces ... was our photographer. (Teaser!)

Did you encounter any ploys vendors tried to use to get you to book them? Did you hold out, and did you still get the ones you wanted anyway?

No comments:

Post a Comment