Pages

Wednesday, August 25, 2010

There's Snow Pictures Like Our Pictures!

I'm not a huge fan of traditional guestbooks.  To me, it would feel like we're taking attendance. If we had a traditional guestbook, I would never look at it, which seems like such a shame.

On the other hand, I'm a huge fan of photo albums, so when I saw photo guestbooks in action, I was in love. The idea of getting our guests to write us little notes yearbook-style makes me really happy. I used our snowy engagement pictures and put them all in an album using Blurb, and I left white spaces on almost every page for writin'. I love the way our book turned out; the photo quality was good, the software was easy to work with and there were a lot of options for the book (hardcover or softcover? what colors? how thick do you want the pages?).

Ooooh:


Ahhhhhh:


Ohhhh!


Next came the difficult task of finding pens. I've purchased my fair share of scrapbooking pens over the years, and I was afraid that using that type of pen would bleed all over the glossy finish of the pages. My goal was to hunt down maroon and pink Sharpies, but as I was searching, I kept finding the colors I wanted in the big packs, but not individual Sharpies! I was discouraged.

(source) 
Yeahhhhh ... not going to buy a whole box for two colors.

We shoulda known the first place to go is always Michaels. I found individual Sharpies there. In both colors. That place is magic.

The last step in setting up our guestbook table was to put together some instructions. (Not going to lie, I'm a little afraid that people will just sign the inside covers or something, not realizing that the insides are meant to be written on!) I got this frame at Michaels too, and put some pink ribbon over some maroon construction paper (leftover from our paper airplanes!), and put some directions on top of that:


Voila! Guestbook table DUNZO. Maybe. We might add a framed picture or two later (from bridal portraits?) or maybe some other element.

Have you found any cool ways to use your engagement photos?

No comments:

Post a Comment