Pages

Thursday, December 9, 2010

Unwanted STDs: A Save-The-Date Saga

During our planning, our wedding invitations have been my baby. I have rounded each corner with love. When I found out the address stickers on the RSVP cards had our Zip Code wrong, I cried as Mr. H and I disassembled each invitation. I can picture that proud moment as each invitation, ready to take on the world, leaves our nest and arrives in each guest's mailbox ...

And I adamantly did NOT want to do save-the-dates. I planned to skip them entirely; that is, until the week of Thanksgiving 2010, when I found out no one — friends, family, bridesmaids, groomsmen — knew when the wedding is.

By the time I realized that I had to do save-the-dates if we wanted people to not plan their vacations during our wedding, we were already past the less-than-six-months-to-go mark. After pouring all my time and energy into "my baby," I just wanted to get the save-the-dates designed, get those puppies out and be done with 'em as quickly as possible. So I did just that.


Considering I only spent like, two days on this project, I'm very pleased with how they turned out! I decided to do postcards to save on stamps, and only one side in color to save on printing costs. (As I didn't plan to do these, there was no budget money set aside for them.) Yes, yes, I am aware that really both sides are in black and white, save for the text, but I love the way they look in B&W! It reminds me of newspaper announcements. :)

I had them printed from Catprint with a full bleed (that means all the way to the edge) on heavy matte cardstock.

How about a closer look:

Sorry the light made the back side show through a little...

Stamps ... those little polar bears don't match anything in the history of everything. Boo. But the new evergreen Forever stamps are kind of cute. :) I also printed off the polka-dot address labels for our guests, since they tie in with our invitation suite (and keep this side of the STD from being totally black and white).


And of course, all engagement photo credits go to Bridesmaid J!

What's your planning "baby"?

3 comments:

  1. Your Save the Dates are so sweet!!

    I loved the invitations....but the candy buffet was probably the project I planned the most with help from my mom. Photos galore, collecting glassware for a year, and filling the jars till 3am the Wednesday before the wedding. But when it was all said and done, it was worth every gummy bear!

    ReplyDelete
  2. For being a "quick project" these are WAY cute!! Sigh... I'm in the process of designing and re-designing ours so they can go out right after the New Year... my original thought was to make a 4x6 design that can be printed at a photo place as a 4x6 photo, but I'm a little concerned about just using photo paper so I may mat them on white cardstock. We will see :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those look great!!! I never would have thought that you did them so quickly. I'm also doing postcard STDs and was thinking about ordering them from Vistaprint. I'll definitely have to check out Catprint though!

    ReplyDelete