Pages

Monday, December 6, 2010

"You seem much calmer lately"

... said the older gentleman who leads our Bible study, when our group went out to dinner last night and wedding talk came up.

And he's right. I am calm, now, for the most part. I've gotten all the "heavy" items off my to-do list, and now I'm mainly down to just details. Aside from a few things like booking the bartender and hiring a cop (required by the county, because alcohol will make our guests super rowdy at two o'clock in the afternoon, right?), I can pretty much choose what I want to do and forget the rest as the wedding looms closer.

But I have been a complete head case up to this point, I'll admit. I have enjoyed being engaged, I have enjoyed talking about wedding details, but I have not enjoyed planning. I'm not much of a procrastinator, so I crammed the bulk of planning into the first eight months in order to "not stress myself out." I have gone into a panic over things I have never cared about before and will never care about again. There was one point in which I showed up at aforementioned Bible study, freaking out about how we would keep the keg cold without having to put it in a trash can. Because obviously, I want the wedding to be beautiful and trash cans do not fit in with the decor.

(Duhhhh: there's a bar and the trash can will go behind it so no one will see it. Hence the bartender.)

I'm glad that I have people around me who help me to realize that yes, I am calm. I'm dense enough that I probably wouldn't have noticed it on my own. I am calm, I am ready, and what you mean I still have to wait five and a half months? Dang it!

So how are you doing?

2 comments:

  1. don't worry...when you get to the 3 month mark, you are going to wonder what happened to all that time----yikes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I've been too calm about the whole thing... the sort of calm where you let projects hang around because you don't feel like doing them. Time to get it going and kick wedding planning's rear end!!

    ReplyDelete