Pages

Sunday, December 19, 2010

SHOUT! ... Now waiiiiit a minute...

After my millions of questions about how to figure out the music, I wound up bawling all over Mr. Hyena about the playlists, and the bar, and how I can't deal with this wedding crap anymore and we should just elope because no one will like our wedding anyway WAHHHH.


via Bridal Buds / cartoon by Adam Zyglis

And Mr. H came up with a brilliant, albeit unconventional way to deal with all the mini "events" during the reception.

We would emcee our own wedding. Five months in advance.

I know what you're thinking. You don't have to say it. I know. But hear me out.

Here's the plan: we have four "events" we want to include in the reception: Anniversary Dance, Cake Cutting, Bouquet Toss, Garter Toss.

• My awesome future sister-in-law already volunteered to emcee the Anniversary Dance. What would we do without her? Since that requires more than just one announcement at the beginning, I think it's a good idea to have a real person speaking.

• For the other three events, we will use my computer to pre-record our announcements with voiceovers that say things like, "YO, WE'RE CUTTING THIS HERE CAKE, PAY ATTENTION!" except in a classy, nice way that doesn't make us sound like rednecks. We will insert the sound clips into our dance playlist along with a few slower non-dance songs, so that we have time to cut the cake, and everyone can get their cake and eat it too before the dance party starts back up. Also, this way Bridesmaid A won't have to switch playlists 15 times during the reception.

• We'll do the same thing for the bouquet and garter tosses, except play only the one song for each event and put announcements before each song begins.

I know this is just "one more thing" to DIY (ie. one more thing I have to think about), but luckily this seems like a project I can get out of the way pretty quickly, and then I can stop freaking out about it.

Is this idea totally nuts? Has my brain reached boiling point? Do I need to be carted off to the loony bin? I'm expecting you to tell me truly! I'm a woman on the edge!

(Or you know, if you think it's a cool idea and could work, I'd like to hear that too. ^_^)

3 comments:

  1. I think that could totally work! It's just making sure things are cued up and played at the right times that will be tricky.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is great! I totally like this!

    ReplyDelete