Pages

Thursday, December 2, 2010

Delusions of Domesticity

In the past few weeks, I swear I've gone into full-on nesting mode. Bride brain? Please. All I want to do is think about decorating our house, and throwing fancy dinner parties in which I serve Top Chef-like culinary masterpieces off the beautiful china we would register for if I could just find a pattern that I like.

Oh, to have problems such as this! I can't find china that jumps out at me that says, "I am BEAUTIFUL and perfect and you have to get me and love me forever!"

I can't decide if I want fine china or everyday china, and therefore cannot make up my mind on the sets themselves. Would I use fine china? Would the everyday china be nice enough to use for special occasions? Is it selfish to register for like, four different sets of dishes so there's always one that fits the occasion?!

Here are some sets I'm considering for Casa de Las Hyenas:

Mikasa "Daylight" via Bed Bath and Beyond

"Romance" Bone China via Bed Bath and Beyond



Dots via The Pampered Chef

This Noritake set is the first that I absolutely adored. Mr. Hyena came home and I was so proud to say, "I finally found dishes that I LOVE!" They are stoneware, would look good in our dining area and would definitely be good for everyday use. So, of course, after many hours of fruitless searching, I found out they are discontinued. And I am a sad panda.









Are you registering for china? How did you decide what to get?

3 comments:

  1. Heh. We registered for the Noritake "Cool Blue". I adore it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Correction: "Blue Wave". EIther way, I remain smitten.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We didn't need to register for china because we already had three sets between us (a nice everyday set and two formal sets), but I was tempted anyway! China is just nice to look at, haha!

    ReplyDelete