Pages

Thursday, December 30, 2010

Island Time

As you all know, we'll be cruisin' around the Caribbean for our honeymoon. Last week we finally booked our excursions, so now I can tell you about all the grand adventures we're going to have! I am super pumped!

First Port: Key West, Florida


Eep!

Mr. Hyena has always been a little bit of a daredevil; he's gone skydiving, likes thrill rides and thinks all the scariest tasks on The Amazing Race look super fun. And me? I am terrified of free-falling, roller coasters, jumping off high things and things I've never tried before ... so when he suggested we go parasailing on the "first leg" of our trip, I was very hesitant. That's high up! And it probably moves fast!

He finally convinced me that it would be fun, though. We watched a video of other people parasailing, and it didn't look like they were going fast at all — just chillaxing and taking in the gorgeous views from the sky. I can deal with that! The parachute even has a smiley face on it, so it can't possibly be scary, right? Plus, agreeing to parasailing has gotten Mr. H so excited that the excitement is contagious. :)

Second Port: Grand Cayman, Cayman Islands



I've never been out of the country before, so the stop in Grand Cayman will be my first foray into being a world traveler! For this stop, we decided to go snorkeling. I've snorkeled once before — when my family went to Hawaii one year — and it was so much fun! (Mom Hyena wouldn't put her face in the water because she was convinced she would drown. I told her if she starts to drown, take her face back out of the water!)

Anyway, the adventure we signed up for is snorkeling a coral reef off the coast of Grand Cayman, and going to "Stingray City" to see its namesake! Oh, and apparently stingrays eat squid and we can feed them. Super awesome.

Third and Final Port: Ocho Rios, Jamaica



I've heard that the biggest and most famous attraction in Ocho Rios is Dunn's River Falls. We'll get to hike one of the waterfalls, and swim in the pool at the bottom of it! This excursion also goes through Enchanted Gardens botanical garden, which also has a bunch of waterfalls inside. Prettyyyyyy. I love doing nature walks, and I'm glad Mr. Hyena wanted to do this one too!

What are you doing for your honeymoon? Do you have any grand adventures planned? Tell me about them!

(all images from Carnival Web site)

5 comments:

  1. I have no idea what we're doing for our honeymoon. C is going to surprise me. I have put the thought in his head that I'd love to go to a cabin on the lake and just be alone, but it's completely up to him since I'm planning the wedding. I have a suspicion that we'll be driving to Maine for a few days in a port town because his dad showed us pictures online of a bed and breakfast there he thought we'd like.

    You honeymoon sounds wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I went parasailing a few years ago with my cousin who is terrified of heights. It's really not so bad. Actually, you just sit there and look at all the pretty views, and it doesn't feel like you're even moving.

    Your honeymoon sounds dreamy A! I know y'all will have so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooo girl, we're going on a Caribbean cruise, too! (Though the ports of call have yet to be decided.) I've been on one other cruise in my life (We stopped in Ocho Rios, as luck would have it, and climbed the Falls!) and they are FAAAANTASTIC!

    And don't worry about parasailing. I'm a total weanie (hate rollercoasters and, you know, fear in general) but I enjoyed it when I did it--high up, yes, but not fast or scary AT ALL.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooh that looks awesome! We haven't thought about the honeymoon yet, but I've spent some time in Key West and it was a blast!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome, all of ya'lls honeymoons sound so fun! And thanks for the encouraging words about parasailing! I feel much better now. :)

    ReplyDelete