Pages

Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Let It Grow!

So I'm a glutton for DIY punishment. At least I can admit it; the first toward recovery is admitting you have a problem, yes?



I found these adorable hair flowers at Target while wandering around one day. They had the exact number I needed in the color of the bridesmaids' dresses, so I scooped 'em up. Someone needs to wear a hair flower at this wedding, even if it's not me!


I was trying to come up with a cute little card or something to put them on so I could give them individually, but couldn't come up with anything I like. I started packing up my apartment a few months ago in anticipation of moving, and while I was going through my stuff and trying to get rid of things, and I came across these wooden dowel thingies.


The lightbulb came on. Crafts! I could turn the hair flowers into actual blooms! And use up some stuff in my house so I don't have to move it! Huzzah!

First things first, flower stems are green.


I put a dot of hot glue on the back of each "stalk" and stuck some pink ribbon to it.


I tied the ribbon in a bow ...


Then I slid the bobby pins on the back of the hair flowers down through the ribbon, so they rest on the top of each dowel.


Okay, so not the greatest DIY ever, and maybe it's overkill for a little flower, but hopefully my friends will take pity on me and think they're cute. They'll stand up nicely in the gift bags, I suppose, so the flowers won't get lost in the tissue paper.

Anybody else keep taking on more and more and more DIY projects? When do they stop?!

2 comments:

  1. super cute. Yes I ALWAYS take on DIY projects. I did a diaper cake this wknd annndddd, i need to sew a baby blanket for this wknd for a preggo friend. So I completely understand.

    ReplyDelete