Pages

Wednesday, February 2, 2011

The Sisterhood of the Traveling Bra

This is Bridesmaid A on her wedding day in 2009. Isn't she beautiful?


Photo by Bridesmaid J

I was not a bridesmaid in her wedding, but I was helping out with last-minute details, setting up the reception area, all that good stuff ... and about an hour before pre-ceremony family portraits were supposed to begin, A looked in the mirror and did not like what she saw. She had bought one of those corset-type bras for under her dress, and it was doing something weird. She couldn't get married like this! Naturally, because I knew it would someday make an awesome story because she was the bride and brides need to be kept happy, I offered up my strapless bra as her "something borrowed." The dress looked better, she looked happier; crisis averted! She got married, we partied, and I went Boobs Akimbo while we all did the "Superfreak" dance.


Thus began a strange tradition. Back in February, A called me and offered to send me the corset bra from her wedding. I hadn't planned on buying one; I was just going to wear a strapless bra (incidentally the same one she borrowed from me. Man, I need to go bra shopping more often), but I accepted. We're about the same size, so it should fit fine.

So lookie what came in the mail.


There you have it: my something borrowed. You better believe I'm passing it on after the wedding if BM A doesn't want it back. :)

What's the best wedding story you have?

1 comment: