Pages

Saturday, February 26, 2011

Don't (Card) Box Me In

A long, long time ago, (while my brain was far, far away?) I put together this monstrous-looking card box.


Baaaad. At the time, I didn't think a card box was necessary, but I didn't want loose cards to get lost or left behind, so I smashed this together monster-trucks style and called it a day.


I bought this oval box at Hobby Lobby and cut a hole for the cards, then wrapped it in some wrapping paper I found at Target.


I found this shoebox in the closet, and promptly destroyed it and tried to wrap it in leftover construction paper from my paper airplanes. Note the wrinkly ribbon that I didn't even pretend to iron first.

It was bad, ya'll don't even have to lie and tell me it's okay. I came back to it a couple weeks later and decided I didn't want to die of embarrassment at the wedding. The box was having a hard time sticking together (uhhh maybe that's because I tried to attach ribbon to construction paper with Scotch tape?), and basically just needed to be redone. So I started over. I tore off all the construction paper and sad ribbon, and wrapped it with what was left of the floral wrapping paper. I'm decent at wrapping gifts, so this alone made it look worlds better, but it wasn't quite done.

People needed to know what it's for. C-A-R-D-S. Cut, paste, done.


Voila! I suppose life would be easier if I just wouldn't half-ass projects in the first place, but what fun is that? :)

Have you had to redo any projects that didn't turn out right?

2 comments:

  1. super cute. no, I do everything perfect the first time. lol, j/k. that is a false statement.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's cute! I sort of forgot that I would need a receptacle for cards until I read this post, haha... I probably will try to get a basket with a lid (baskets, by the way, are one of the things that Goodwill is FANTASTIC for!) then put a sign in front of it. Problem solved :)

    ReplyDelete