Pages

Sunday, January 30, 2011

Shiny! Part 3! and stories of somethings

I know this is a little late coming since Part 1 and Part 2 of the Shiny! series were um ... a long time ago. But! But! I now have all my wedding jewelry, and a couple of stories to boot.

Originally, I was going to borrow jewelry from Aunt Hyena as my "something borrowed." Over time, that kind of fell through as she didn't have a lot of jewelry that was silver or white gold, or I didn't find anything that I liked, or the things I did like were broken. It's okay though. I have an even better "something borrowed" now, which I am not going to share here because it deserves a post of its own. (Coming soon to a theatre near you: The Amazing Story of Two Women, Two Weddings and an Unexpected Swap! It will make you laugh! It will make you cry ... because you're laughing too hard! Ebert and Roper give it two thumbs up!)


Oh, the crummy things you can throw together in Photoshop... (top left and bottom pics by moi, top right pic by Bridesmaid J.)

Because I'm nice, I won't leave you hanging on any of the others. :)

My "something old" is this embroidered hanky that Mom Hyena had in her dresser. This dresser is huge and has a million drawers, and she has all sorts of cool and weird stuff locked up in there, like all our school photos from our childhoods, vintage perfume bottles she inherited and ... um, stuff I thought the Tooth Fairy should have gotten rid instead of keeping in a drawer. ANYWAY. A few months ago when I was home, she found this hanky, which belonged to Mom Hyena's grandmother.


It's not in our wedding colors, but I think it's pretty and it'll be something other than Kleenex to cry on when I inevitably start bawling during the ceremony. Now the question is, what to do with it?

While Mom Hyena and I were digging around for somethings, H-Dad got in on the action too. You know that last part of the line that many people skip over, the "and a sixpence in your shoe"? Well, H-Dad has been collecting coins for a really long time, and turns out he had a sixpence in his closet!


I already told you about my garter, which is going to be my "blue" something.


And finally, the part you've all been waiting for ... "something new." Now we could get technical and say that any number of things could be new. My dress, my veil, my shoes, etc. ... but for the sake of showing you shiny things, we'll call this one my jewelry.

Bling!

The earrings are also blingy like the bracelet, but I wanted to show you the cute flowers!

Think they'll look good with my dress? :) I was originally looking for something a little more delicate for the bracelet, but I kind of ran out of time before my bridal portraits.

2 comments:

  1. I heart the earrings... they are so adorable and I think they would be PER-FECT.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the sixpence!! Awesome. And the hanky is really sweet. Are you actually going to use it (like you suggested?) or are you going to tuck it away somewhere?

    You said you were going to for something a little more delicate, but I think the bracelet is lovely. It's certainly not clunky. As Miss JD said, the earrings are perfect!

    ReplyDelete