Pages

Sunday, June 6, 2010

Long awaited dress fitting!

via Carbolic Smoke Ball (text added by moi)


Over Memorial Day weekend 2010, I went up to Dallas to see my dress for the first time since February! (I know, not a long time, but still. I had purchased it the very first time I went dress shopping, and much as I loved it, when I couldn't see it I started to worry. 'Cause that's what I do.)

I went to the shop with Mom and Aunt Hyena again. All the time prancing around in my dress would give them time to look for Mom Hyena a dress as well.

My dress is lace-up, so I knew I wouldn't have to worry about alterations in the torso, which is lucky. I have a very minimal alterations budget, so really hemming it up is all we had planned to do. And lucky for me, it fit PERFECTLY in the bodice! I have no curves, but my dress is tricksy, and somehow I came out of the fitting room with an hourglass figure and a defined waist! Oh man was I excited about that.


Aaaah so awesome!

While I was doing said prancing, Mom Hyena noticed something on the boob of my dress — something about boning that was bent weird. Mom Hyena, Aunt Hyena, Sales Teenager and Hem Lady took this opportunity to feel me up (egad!) and figure out what to do about it. I said, whatever, I didn't notice it, and no one else is going to notice either unless they're staring at my boobs, and if it won't show up in pictures then I don't want to do anything about it. (It wasn't noticeable in the picture we took, hee hee.) Problem solved! :)

I love it. And I love the way my shoes pop against it. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment