Pages

Saturday, June 5, 2010

I love shoes.

Shoes shoes shoes.

I don't have super-expensive taste in shoes, but I do love looking at them and lusting after them and talking about them. Mr. Hyena and I have a deal where I don't tell him how much I spend on shoes, because it's better for our relationship. :)

I decided right away I didn't want white shoes. Because of this picture:

Pink shoes it is! Wow, that took convincing.

My first loves were "Body Talk" by Poetic License:

These were never once in stock in my size. They were a little more expensive than I wanted to spend, at $153, even though I knew I would wear these again and again. I did find them for $97 on Shabby Apple and ordered them, but received an e-mail from them saying they actually only had black ones in stock. Bummer.

I never SERIOUSLY considered these beauties from Dolce & Gabbana, but I did spend about 30 seconds trying to justify purchasing shoes that cost more than my dress, my rent, the value of all my possessions. :-D Zappos, you're such a tease!

 Original listing no longer on Zappos. :(  (source)

With both of these options out of budget or permanently out of stock, I started looking around closer to home. Mom Hyena came into town and we went to Payless Shoes. They recently started selling a collection of dyeable formal shoes, called Unforgettable Moments by Lela Rose, which is where we found these:



Now, I am totally obsessed with shoes with bows on the toes. I seriously have, right now, in my closet, no fewer than three pairs of flats with bows on the toes. Maybe more. I had to have these. I had them dyed "fuchsia," and at a whopping $48, these were a fantastic deal and I luuuuuuuurve them! Take a look:





(personal photos)

I got some heel inserts for them so my feet won't slip out, and I've been slowly breaking them in for a while now. I can't wait to wear these as I walk down the aisle!

Have you discovered any sweet deals? And how often do you try on your wedding clothes or accessories? (C'mon, 'fess up! ^_^)

2 comments:

  1. Cute! They look shiny in the pictures... are they shiny? I looked at that collection and they have some cute ones. I loooove these Steve Madden shoes but don't think they would be quite right for my dress (though the color is perfect!)

    http://www.amazon.com/Steve-Madden-Womens-Florale-Ruffle/dp/B00337DHES/ref=sr_1_23?ie=UTF8&s=shoes&qid=1283863613&sr=1-23

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh, the blue ones are cute! Mine are slightly shiny - they're satin, but the flash also blows them out a little bit.

    ReplyDelete