Pages

Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Music Good Enough to Eat

Where we left off on the music front, we had decided to emcee our own wedding. This turned out to be a really fun idea; Mr. Hyena and I did all our recording in GarageBand on my MacBook in one night, and it didn't take very long. Once all the serious announcements were done, we spent a good long time playing with the settings and singing ridiculous things just to see how awesome we could sound. ("I Will Survive" duet in Diva voice featuring Mr. H and my kitty-boo? Yes, please!)

Anyway, we decided to overlay Mr. Hyena's emcee-ing over the intro to the songs for each event, because he doesn't want there to be silence and then HIS BOOMING VOICE in the middle of our reception. I am SUPER PUMPED for the songs we picked. Especially for the cake cutting.


I had a vibe I was going for: I wanted the music to be cohesive, and I wanted to choose something unique that you don't hear at every wedding. I wanted songs that were upbeat and danceable, in case it didn't take that long, and people wanted to get back to dancing. I chose a few different songs because I intend to cut the cake with Mr. Hyena and then eat a piece or three. Maybe other people will want to do the same. :)


If not, that's okay. More cake for me.



Mmm sexy cowboys singing while I nosh on buttercream. What could be better?

What will play when you cut your cake? Do your pets sing duets?

1 comment: