Pages

Sunday, June 5, 2011

A Second Shower

About three weeks before the wedding, I was lucky enough to get a second shower, co-hosted by Hyena Sis and a family friend of Mr. Hyena's, Mrs. W. This time I remembered to take pictures. :) Most of the ladies in my family came, plus MIL Hyena and several other family friends.

We planned for it to be over lunch, and Mrs. W created an absolutely beautiful spread!


Pretty flowers, hand-painted glasses, floating water candles, and lots of pink and polka dots!


For lunch we had mini-sandwiches (including the best egg salad everrrrr), fruit, cocktail shrimp, and more, plus giant pound-cake cupcakes and cheesecake cupcakes for dessert!

I seriously need to learn how to cut a watermelon into a fruit basket like this:


So cute!

After lunch, we got to opening presents. Here's me and Hyena Sis:

I try to include laughing pictures whenever possible. :)

Mom Hyena models the dishes we finally chose, Mikasa "Daylight."


After presents, we played a few games, including the DVD version of The Newlywed Game. Since we didn't have couples to play with, we split into teams of three and four, and just tried to guess the best answers for our teammates. We also did a word scramble with wedding words, and a trivia game about me and Mr. Hyena.

I'm so glad I got to spend time with these wonderful ladies!


Did you play games at your shower? What was your favorite?

No comments:

Post a Comment