Pages

Monday, June 27, 2011

A Life Full of Laughter: Love Letters

Mr. Hyena and I had decided that we didn't want to give gifts to each other before the wedding. Instead we decided to write each other love letters, to be read the morning of the wedding. 


We wrote our first love letters to each other in high school; one of our senior class projects was to put together scrapbooks commemorating the year, and we were required to include things like essays about what we had learned about life during the year, as well as letters from others. Mr. Hyena and I wrote to each other, and we both kept those letters.


I had Bridesmaid J hand-deliver my letter to Mr. Hyena that morning.



Mr. Hyena had put a vase of pink and burgundy flowers in the bridal area along with his letter the night before, and I didn't notice it until about half-way through the morning!



This was one of the few moments during the day where I got completely teary-eyed. Writing letters to each other was a wonderful idea, and I'm looking forward to keeping his letter and reading it for years to come.



Are you and your fiancé/e giving each other gifts for your wedding day?

Previously on A Life Full of Laughter:

No comments:

Post a Comment