Pages

Friday, July 29, 2011

A Life Full of Laughter: You Make Me Feel Like Dancing

Our reception didn't turn into a raging dance party, but our guests kept the floor pretty busy anyway. SIL Hyena called all the married couples out to the dance floor for the anniversary dance, and it was packed! She started eliminating couples based on how long each had been married. Mr. Hyena and I were the first to leave the floor, since we'd been married less than a day!

 


guest photo

Now, I'd like to take a second to commemorate something amazing that happened during the anniversary dance. Mr. Hyena and I were watching all the married couples dancing from the stage, and about halfway through the song, Mom Hyena and H-Dad walked out to the dance floor. You may remember that my parents don't dance. In 30 years of marriage, they had never once danced together.


I saw them from the stage, and immediately flagged down our photographer. "My parents are dancing! MY PARENTS ARE DANCING! They never dance, get a picture!!!"

The dance floor cleared out as SIL Hyena called out 35 years, 40 years, 45 years, and the two of them kept dancing until it was only them and my grandparents left. I think they realized then they were supposed to have left a little earlier, but why stop a good thing? :)


My grandparents stepped up to the mic. Grandpa Hyena was quite a ham, and pretended he couldn't remember how long he had been married to Grandma Hyena because he's too old. Grandma Hyena remembered though: 55 years! Their advice to us?


Grandma: "Keep smiling!"
Grandpa: "And do what she says."


After that, we were able to keep the dance floor going.


My friends are always down for a little "Thriller"!


We also never met a line dance we didn't like.






Mr. Hyena got that dance he wanted with his mom.



Meanwhile, I two-stepped with Groomsman M.




It was perfect.

unless otherwise noted, all photos by Danny Boyle Photography



Previously on A Life Full of Laughter:

No comments:

Post a Comment