Pages

Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Invitations: Cost Breakdown

Now that you've seen the invitations, it's time to break this bad boy down and figure out how much it cost to make them.


Number of invitations: 93

Total printing cost for all inserts: $171.39 from Catprint

Stamps (outer envelope and RSVP card): $97.52

Wrap labels: $15.87 from onlinelabels.com

Belly bands: Paper used from previous projects.

Corner rounder: $4.54

Envelopes (includes sample costs): $48.71 from Envelope Mall

$240.51 total, excluding postage
$2.59 per invitation, excluding postage
$3.63 apiece including postage

Was this cheaper than having someone else design them? Or buying a box of invitations? Probably not, on both counts, but I had a lot of fun messing around with various designs, and assembling them with care. To me, it was worth the months I put into them. I would not change a single thing.

Are you designing your own invitations? Or have you hired one of the amazing, uber-talented paper vendors out there? Tell me about your paperrrr. :)

4 comments:

  1. not paper related, but I have a question for you... does your corner rounder work effectively? I have a fiskars one that can be kind of fussy, resulting in some less-than-perfectly rounded corners. I'd love to hear your feedback on yours, and what brand it is! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Jill, I just looked at mine, and unfortunately it doesn't have the brand name printed on it. I got it at Hobby Lobby in the scrapbooking section, and it's not one of the kinds with handles. It just looks like a right-angled triangle. Mine is "large," but they also had one for "small" corners. It is very effective, as long as you line everything up properly in it, but it has space for you to do that on it. Sorry I don't have a brand name to give you... :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. First off, I have to say thank you for being my "paper" inspiration. I had looked... and looked... and looked... and absolutely could not find something that I really liked, particularly at my price point. While in hindsight I may have done a few (very small) things differently on the invites, it ended up being very cost-effective for me to do them that way (about $260 total) and moreover, they're exactly the style I wanted. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for posting this! So glad to know that beautiful invites don't have to cost an arm and a leg.

    ReplyDelete