Pages

Monday, April 4, 2011

Me, Me, Me

I hope you'll allow me to be just a teeny bit self-indulgent for a moment, because I just got the CD of my bridal portraits from our photographer, and I'm SO. FREAKING. EXCITED to share them with you. They turned out so gorgeous, better than anything I could have dreamed of!

Oh, I haven't told you about our photographer yet? We chose to work with Danny Boyle Photography, and I won the portrait session at a bridal fair I attended right after Mr. Hyena and I got engaged. Danny is awesome, and working with him on these shots was so much fun! I got to work my inner Top Model, and spend some quality time with Aunt Hyena and FMIL Hyena in the process.

image via IMDB / "Aladdin" / text added by me



We took a little jaunt to downtown Navasota (about 30 minutes south of College Station) to take these. Here are a few of my favorites!



Miss Hyena strikes!


This one makes me feel like I'm on a Sex and the City poster, walking purposefully with the wind in my hair...


We traveled around to a couple of different locations, and it took both my aunt and FMIL to help me get in and out of the car for each location. If you do bridal portraits, bring helper bees!


Want to hear a funny story? We were supposed to meet Danny in front of a grocery store across the street from the downtown area. I didn't want to ride in my dress and get it all wrinkled, so I planned to change once we got there. However, there wasn't really a good place to get changed ... but there was an empty produce tent in the parking lot. Aunt Hyena pulled her car into it, FMIL Hyena held up a sheet and I got into my wedding dress!


I was super SUPER impressed with how good Danny made my bouquet look! It looks lush and full and REAL. Yayyy! :)



Love, love, love! I recommend doing a bridal shoot so you can get to know your photographer's style and become at ease in front of the camera.

Are you doing bridal portraits? Do you have any fun stories from them? Anyone else ever put their dress on in a produce tent?

All pictures by Danny Boyle Photography

6 comments:

  1. Love! Are those pink shoes I spy. You look a-mazing! We did engagement shots this past weekend with our photographer. Very fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep, you are correct Ms! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look great!! I love the IMDB grabs too :) I'm very glad we did our engagement shots with our photographer for the same reason you said - helped us to figure out his style (really "get-it-done" and able/willing to take charge without being pushy or annoying) before the big day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You look beautiful! I love these shots. Are you planning on having them on display at the reception? It's a hard choice... but I think my favorite is the pink door. It makes your bouquet and wedding colors POP! Also -- I love your bouquet!! It does look real, and it looks a-ma-zing.

    PS: I giggled at the produce tent story. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. these are SO beautiful! I love the one of you laughing... classic! I agree with the other gals.. the pop of color (shoes, flowers) is so chic

    ReplyDelete