Pages

Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Giving In and Feeling Good

We talked about not having a DOC, and instead having family take care of the vital pre-wedding tasks. To be honest, I'd been waffling about this decision. In theory, having family take care of everything could have worked, if not for one little issue: we had no one to meet and direct the vendors when they arrive at Downtown 202 after the family leaves to get ready for the wedding.

I talked to Mom Hyena and FMIL Hyena, and turns out we all kind of felt like we needed one of these:

via IMDB / "The Wedding Planner" / Columbia Pictures
Where the heck is Jenny's other arm?!

Don't get me wrong, the family still intends to help out in every way possible, and I'm glad of that. Basically, I felt like I needed someone to be my advocate when I couldn't be there, and FMIL Hyena agreed that it would take a lot of stress off all of us even just to have someone there for the little bit of time when no one else will be able to be in the reception area. (Like, oh, before and during the ceremony.)

So I hired a friendor to be our coordinator. One of my co-workers is the most organized, efficient person I know, and she had tried to get a job with a wedding coordinator before she began working at our company. We get along well, and I felt like it would be a good fit. Thankfully, she was really excited to help out, and I am so relieved to have an extra pair of hands on deck!

Have you hired any friendors?

No comments:

Post a Comment