Pages

Friday, April 15, 2011

I Need a Shower

Luckily, I got one! At the beginning of April, Mr. Hyena's Aunt C and cousins threw me a brunch bridal shower, and it was so much fun!

(Aaaand I was a bad blogger and didn't take any pictures ... sorry guys! All the pictures in this post are courtesy of FSIL Hyena.)

"Bride to Be" beads were placed around my neck, and it was time to get the party started! Aunt C had created this wonderful brunch spread, and we nommed on delicious "cowboy biscuits," fruit, croissants and banana bread. We drank mock bellinis and talked all things wedding, and Mr. Hyena's aunts' told stories from their weddings as well!

As a new member of the family, I was gifted a photo album "cookbook" and each of the ladies had provided a few of their favorite family recipes to go inside it! (Sopapilla cheesecake! Strawberry spinach salad! So much fantastic fooood!) Mr. H will never go hungry. ;)

We opened some gifts ...


Mr. Hyena had been talking about this electric griddle for months, ever since we put it on our registry. The second I got it home after the shower, he tore it out of the box and cooked bacon. I joke that he's more excited about it than he is about marrying me. ;)


FMIL Hyena collected the ribbons and bows to make a rehearsal dinner bouquet at a later time, then it was time for some cake! The table was done up so cute, with black and pink decorations and polka dots! And the cake ... ohhhh the cake ... whipped cream frosting, half white cake and half chocolate ... you guys, it was heavenly.





Then we just mingled and hung out, and I got to spend more time with the wonderful women in Mr. H's family! It was such a fun party, and I felt so honored and loved!

1 comment:

  1. Ooooh I might just have to update my registry with that electric griddle. Your bridal shower looks fantastic!

    ReplyDelete