Pages

Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Invitations: The Big Reveal

Finally, here is the story of our invitations! We worked long and hard on them, tirelessly rounding corners and cutting belly bands, printing endless versions of labels trying to get them to line up properly ... and look, Mr. Hyena helped!

Belly-banding!

Corner-rounding!

Here they are, ready to be sent off into the world ... 


Here's what our guests would see. I could have blurred everything out, but I love the fonts we used, and I want to show them off! So ... I 'shopped a new address on! Pretty envelopes! Pretty stamps! Harry Potter!


Okay, and the blurring begins. We did wrap labels since I wanted to print people's addresses instead of worrying about calligraphy. Our return address is on the back.


Open the envelope verrrrrry carefully to see the pretty liners! I only have a picture of one of the papers we used, but I had many different scrapbook paper patterns in my scrapbook basket, so they're all unique!


The suite, cuddling cozily in its belly band. Awww.


All the pieces together!


Now, this post wouldn't be complete if I didn't do something to make life difficult for myself. We had two events during the wedding weekend outside our ceremony and reception: the rehearsal dinner and a Sunday barbecue. Instead of mailing separate invitations for all those events ... I created three different RSVP cards and two different event cards, depending on which events each person is invited to. Oh, complications. ^_^

The RSVP cards with the bright pink envelopes! I love getting responses in the mail, and the pink envelopes make me so happy!


Andddd ... the event cards.


Last but not least, the invitation itself. I guess it's too late to elope now. ;)


These took months of work to create, have printed, assemble, figure out which pieces go in which envelopes, etc., but it was totally worth it seeing the final result! They're so pretty and colorful!

Did your fiancé/e help out with any of your major projects?

5 comments:

  1. they look amazing!! pat helped me with the save the dates. love workign together on this stuff :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. love it! My Matt didn't really help too much with all that stuff b/c I had my awesome coworkers helping me do it all. They helped me round corners on my "fan/attendee list" for the guests and then assemble them. lol.

    ReplyDelete
  3. They are lovely. Are you going to do a cost break down? I would love to know how much having them printed cost because we are thinking about doing that too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Ms. Lemon Puppy, sure I'll do a cost breakdown! I think we got a very reasonable deal on our printing, so I'd be happy to share.

    ReplyDelete