Pages

Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Buzz Like a Bee!

I was walking back to my office after lunch on Tuesday, when I got an e-mail on my phone. "Weddingbee Application," the subject line said. I didn't want to get my hopes up too high; in fact, I hadn't even told the mister I had applied, just in case. You know how these things go. I cautiously opened the e-mail ... and my eyes practically bugged out of my head. I'd be a great addition to the Weddingbee team?! Sweeter words have never been typed! I calmly walked into my office, shut the door behind me, and proceeded to jump up and down Anchorman-style for a good ten minutes.  I am a BEE! I'm so EXCITED!


I immediately called Mr. Hyena, who couldn't understand what I was saying since I was doing too much jumping. Too bad! BEE! I'm a bee! WHEE!

So who are these crazy kids?


We are the Hyenas! We both grew up in north Texas. I work in marketing, love going out with friends, and nothing is more satisfying to me than sticking my nose in a good book. I went to college at the University of Oklahoma (BOOMER SOONER!), but now I'm living and working in Aggieland while Mr. H finishes school. He is a grad student at Texas A&M, and is planning to get his Ph.D. in aerospace engineering. He is excellent at making faces, is a badass drummer (both in percussion and Rock Band), and his love for the Texas Rangers can be surpassed by no man. 

Why yes, Snoopy's house is made out of Ice!

Together, we enjoy making up our own lyrics to songs, quoting movies and TV shows word-for-word, and loving on my kitty-boo, Elliott. 

She is trouble. Don't let her adorable face fool you.


The wedding we're planning is a budget-minded, brightly colored, DIY afternoon affair with a cocktail party vibe. It will be laid-back and fun, with both classic and unique elements, and will hopefully culminate in a raging dance party!

The second I saw the hyena icon, I knew it had to be mine. My reasoning is two-fold.  One: whenever I think of hyenas, I think of laughing. (I don't know if real hyenas laugh or not, but I don't know anything else about them!)


One of my favorite things about being with Mr. H is how we can make each other laugh. We say and do a lot of ridiculous things, and it makes my heart happy. Secondly, I have been told I have a very distinct laugh. I had a teacher in high school who claimed she always knew where I was because of my laugh. I've had strangers approach me and tell me they love my laugh. Strange thing, but what can I say?

Anyway. We're less than three months away from the wedding, and I can't wait to tell you all about it! Let's get this party started! 

4 comments:

  1. YAY! happy happy happy :) Can't wait to start seeing your posts on the Bee!

    ReplyDelete
  2. so jealous! I'm still waiting to hear back (womp womp). Looking through your blog, it seems pretty clear why you got picked!! Congratulations! When's your wedding date (I couldn't seem to track it down through my reading)?

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Jill, I'm getting married in May.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay! Congratulations. I love that you picked the Hyena. I think it was an under appreciated icon.

    ReplyDelete