Pages

Monday, March 7, 2011

Invitations: Paper and Printing

This is me holding out on you just a liiiiiittle bit longer.  One of my bridesmaids lives in China, and I'm going to pretend she hasn't gotten her invitation yet. *wink*

So. A while back, when I first was working on them, I was telling you about the different components of the invitations. Once I had my envelopes, I went about designing our invitations. I never intended to print them myself on my printer, because I wanted them to have a higher-quality finish than I think my printer can provide. I contacted a couple of printers in town that we use at work to get pricing information, and found out I could get them printed for much cheaper online.

There are a lot of places online you can order prints, but I decided to go with Catprint.

Not, not you, kitty-boo.

Hi everyone. I'm Miss Hyena. And I am a crazy cat lady.

THIS:


via Catprint

They had tons of paper options for printing, and since you can't actually touch things through the screen (yet), I asked them for their wedding paper samples, which they sent to me for free. They felt pretty. I couldn't decide between four of the five samples they sent me! They were all so nice, and one was textured, and two of them were shimmery ... I let Mr. Hyena touch them, and he decided the one he liked best was the 130-lb. ultra heavy card stock in white. It's soft. ^_^  Oh, and they did a beautiful job on the invitations, and I lurve them.

The thing I really like about Catprint is that I could order the invitation pieces in the quantities I needed them; I found through most of the local printers, you had to purchase quantities of 100, 250 or 500, and I didn't need that many of them. Especially because, as you'll see soon, I had many varieties of inserts for the invites...

I promise the next post is the big reveal! Pinky swear!

(Catprint did not pay me for this post. They're just awesome and I can't stop saying nice things.)

2 comments:

  1. OMG, this is so fab! I'm going to be printing my mark-the-dates (ahem, bookmarks) soon, and I hadn't been able to find ANY online printer that would print less than 250 of them! Eek! And paper options? Forget about it. Thanks for recommending!

    ReplyDelete