Pages

Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Really?!

It's not that unusual for Mr. Hyena and I to go on nice dates; we try to go out somewhere nice every few months or so. In January 2010, we had planned to go to a nice dinner. I had my suspicions about a proposal coming, but I wasn't getting my hopes up since I tended to overanalyze every single event we went to or hosted for proposal potential. Better to not get my hopes up so I wouldn't be disappointed. :) This time was different though. We'd been ring shopping recently, and talking about marriage A LOT.

So Friday afternoon I came home after a bad day at work to find red roses on my front porch. That was when I got really suspicious, but I was still determined to not get my hopes up! I debated whether to get pretty or get REALLY pretty while I tried to keep my cat from eating the roses. I got all dolled up, and Mr. Hyena came to pick me up. I told him thank you for the flowers, but said I wasn't going to kiss him since I had lipstick on, and I didn't want to get it on him. He said, "Well then this is going to be difficult for you," then got down on one knee in the middle of my living room and asked, "Will you marry me?"

My exact reaction was, "REALLY?!" I wasn't expecting it that soon in the evening! I quickly followed that with a "Yes!" Believe me, I got some teasing for my response! :)

(personal photo)

Did your fiancé manage to surprise you even if you knew it was coming?

No comments:

Post a Comment