Pages

Thursday, April 29, 2010

I need some potted plants in my life.

Long ago, I thought it would be adorable to use potted plants as our centerpieces. Flower pots are so cute, and I hate the idea of using cut flowers that are just going to die in a few days. With potted plants, the flowers could thrive long after the wedding!

While wandering around Wal-Mart one evening, Mr. Hyena and I stopped in the gardening section to take a look at what types of plants were available. I was undecided about whether actual potted plants were a good idea, especially because I was so underwhelmed with the quality of the flowers (but then again, it's Wal-Mart. I did look at Home Depot and HEB as well, and was still a little disappointed). They didn't have much variety and the ones they did have weren't the best quality.

Here are some cute pictures I'm using as inspiration:

Hmm, apparently not too many people have used pots in their wedding decor. Oh well, that's cool, something unique for me! Even without concrete inspiration photos, I think this idea might pan out...

Did you have a vision in your head of your decor and then it not work out? What did you do?

No comments:

Post a Comment