Pages

Tuesday, August 9, 2011

A Life Full of Laughter: Love and War

Like Mrs. Cardigan, one of the things we decided to include in our wedding is the Texas A&M Aggie War Hymn. I couldn't find a great video of it, but you can get a good idea from this clip, in case you're not familiar with it:



When the War Hymn comes on, all the Aggies sing at the top of their lungs and sway back and forth, "sawing off" the horns of the Texas Longhorns.

This is a big deal at Aggie weddings. Mr. Hyena originally wasn't sure he wanted to include it, and I looked at him like, "Dude. You're going to want the Aggie War Hymn." Sure enough, a few weeks before the wedding he started to get excited about it, and I was glad I had planned for it ahead of time!

A lot of Aggies stayed through to the end of the reception to participate!


I'm not an Aggie, but I figured I could join in since I just married one. :) I don't know the words, so I just swayed when everyone else did.

guest photo 

guest photo 

Not to be outdone, when the War Hymn was over my OU friends shouted, "BOOMER!" and I responded "SOONER!"

Are you including any traditions from your alma mater?

Previously on A Life Full of Laughter:

No comments:

Post a Comment