Pages

Monday, May 3, 2010

A Dress Story



I planned to go dress shopping with Mom Hyena, Aunt Hyena and my MOH, Hyena Sis. As luck would have it, Bridesmaid J was also in town, so she came too!

I didn't have too many requirements for a dress, although I wanted something simple and not huge. I don't want to look like a princess; I want to look like me, except more awesome. Also, I know this probably isn't a popular opinion, but the dress is not the highest priority for me. I didn't want to spend a ton on something I would wear once, and my future daughter wouldn't want to wear because it'll be "out of date." Getting ahead of myself much?

The five of us headed down to this little boutique in a 'burb of Dallas, Bridal Designs. (Of course, the boutique wouldn't allow pictures until after a purchase. I also didn't notice until just now, but I have no idea what the brands of any of the other dresses I tried on were. It might not have helped anyway, as the dress I bought was mis-labeled.)

Note to brides who haven't dress-shopped yet: If you want opinions, bring people who will give you opinions. Bridesmaid J told me what she thought of all of them, which I appreciated. Mom Hyena and Aunt Hyena didn't say anything about any of them, but I could hear them whispering each time I went back in the fitting room to try on a new one. I wasn't looking for everyone's approval, but I wanted to know if people really didn't like them! When I came out in the one I ultimately purchased, it was the first time I got an opinion out of them. Aunt Hyena declared it "the one" and "perfect," and when the salesgirl whipped out a veil and a faux bouquet for me to hold, I agreed. It was only after we decided to buy that they told me that my number 2 choice made me look fat! What good is it to bring people who won't tell you these things!

Anyway, I love my dress, and I've only seen three other brides online that have the same dress (so it's unique, which I also love). Awesome! It's from Mori Lee's Blu collection, #4602:


Oh, you want to see what my dress looks like?


All right, you can see it!


Work it! (all personal photos)

Did anyone else purchase their dress on their first trip?

(Gandalf image from here.)

No comments:

Post a Comment