Pages

Tuesday, May 4, 2010

To Veil or Not to Veil? Good Question.



Before I went dress shopping, I had decided that I didn't want a veil. I've always liked birdcage veils, but I wasn't sure I could pull one off. I didn't like the look of most regular veils, because I like to think I'm non-traditional and I didn't want anything covering up my face and/or getting in the way.

At the dress boutique, Sales Teenager tried to put a veil on my head when I came out in dress #1. I told her, no thank you, I don't want a veil. Bridesmaid J said, "Miss Hyena, when else in your life are you going to get to wear a veil? You have to have one!" Fine. I conceded and let them put veils on my head.

She was right. The veil made everything look more complete. I made an "Aaaaah I'm a bride!!!!" face at J and purchased the one that matched the beading in my dress.

I picked up my veil a while ago, so I paraded it around for Mom Hyena and tried to figure out how I should wear it, how I should wear my hair, and exactly what level of awesome my decision to get a veil was (Wicked Awesome, thankyouverymuch!).

I'd like to have my hair half-up, so here are my options for the veil. (Tyra, call me! I could be the next top model!)

On the back of the head, right where my hair would be pulled back:

Directly on top of my head. This was where Sales Teenager placed it, and it looked fine, but when I put it on myself, it looks dumb. Maybe it's crooked? But of course, I will have help the day of.

I think I'm leaning toward the first option. What do you think?

(Obi-Wan picture from here. All other pictures personal.)

No comments:

Post a Comment