Pages

Saturday, May 28, 2011

Break It Down Now

I didn't get a chance to share our RSVP breakdown with you before the wedding, but since I'm always interested in what percentage of invitees attend weddings, I figured I'd take care of that now.

I chose to break down our list a little differently than just "local" and "not local."  This is because both of our extended families live within four hours of the wedding. While I wouldn't call them "local," they are close enough that the majority attended the wedding, and I didn't want these numbers to skew our numbers for legit out-of-towners.

Thanks, Dad.

176 people were invited
48 were local (27%)
55 were in-state family (31%)
72 were out-of-state family, or friends more than two hours away (we'll call this OOT to keep it simple) (41%)

Of all those invited:
128 attended (73%)
48 did not attend (27%)

Of those attending:
41 are local (32%)
52 are in-state family (41%)
35 are OOT (27%)

Of those not attending:
8 were unused plus-ones
(We only gave plus-ones to our bridal party, those who were in long-term dating relationships, those who were living together, and those who were engaged. Spouses of all married guests were invited, of course.) (17%)
7 are local (15%)
3 are in-state family (6%)
30 are OOT (63%)

Yay!

All in all, we had about the number of "yes" responses that I expected. I had estimated early on that we'd be hovering around 130 attendees, and I'm glad we could keep it at that.

Mom Hyena was pretty surprised though. She told me at the beginning of our engagement that only about half of people invited show up at weddings, and didn't believe me when I expected such a high number of people to come!

Were you surprised by how your RSVP numbers broke down?

2 comments: